ECS Recruitment are currently looking for Assistant Director of Nursing for our client in Limerick, County Limerick.
To oversee / maintain the care of Residents within the Nursing Home in the absence of the Home Manager, to take responsibility for the day-to-day running of the Nursing Home, and ensure that all Company policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all Staff Members contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Nursing Home, and to the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of Residents.
- Interact with Residents to ensure that their health care needs are being met and resolve any problems where appropriate. Liaise with the District Nurse regarding Residents’ health care needs.
- Report any ill-health amongst Residents and make requests for GP / Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure meals are of sufficient quantity and good quality, and that Resident’s dietary needs are met.
- Undertake general nursing work & personal care as appropriate.
- Administer prescribed medicines and maintain the necessary records as per Bord Altranais and Company guidelines.
- Support and assist the Home Manager in auditing Care Plan documentation to ensure best practice.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Residents' personal and financial affairs and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Residents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and dignity and that promote their independence.
- Liaise with Director of Nursing to provide on call cover for holidays and every alternate weekend (at a maximum).
- Maintain effective communications with the Home Manager.
- As requested by, and/or in the absence of, the Home Manager maintain effective communications with Residents, Relatives, Staff Members, Managing Director, Divisional Office, and any other concerned bodies.
- Obtain a report from the Person in Charge, and advise the Home Manager, regarding any incident /accident, and the status of any Residents whose care / health 2 is causing concern.
- Supervise visits and liaise with GPs to establish a good relationship between GPs / Health Care Professionals and the Nursing Home.
- Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all Staff Members.
- Arrange / participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Active An Bord Altranais Registration
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with our client group
- Certification of Garda Vetting Unit clearance
- Care for the Elderly experience / qualification
- Permission to work full time in Ireland
- Minimum two years management / supervisory experience