ECS Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Bar Manager for the hotel client based in Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.
Purpose of Job:
You are expected to serve as a role model for the Hotel Bar staff and other hotel employees. You will assist the Management Team in directing and managing the staff to ensure the smooth delivery of a first-class bar food service at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and deliver training and manage staff, on the job training is the responsibility of all bar supervisors & managers.
- Manage all of the Hotel bars
- Manage the floor and Bar during meal periods to ensure that all food and beverage SOP’s are met through all guest interactions.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Maintain positive customer relations throughout the service journey.
- Resolve problems and complaints to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Monitor all customer requests efficiently to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Hold briefings before each shift and delegate responsibilities to staff.
- Hold weekly meetings with agendas and clear action plans, all Supervisors and senior bar staff should have an input at these meetings, it’s not always possible for full attendance however agreed agenda’s and action plans should be communicated to all stakeholders.
- Ensure you are aware of all bookings and functions during your shift and prepare accordingly.
- Act as an ambassador by setting an example to all staff through adhering to the health and safety, SOP’s ,uniform and grooming policies at all times, whilst also ensuring staff in your charge are adhering to same policies and procedures.
- Careful and competent cash handling at all times to ensure accuracy of reports.
- Ensure the training and efficient operation of tills by all employees in your charge.
- Managers/Supervisors are responsible to ensure all customers bills have been paid or charged to the room service as per room service procedures.
- Collaborate with Operations Manager and HR to review employee performance and provide training to improve service standards where necessary.
- Ensure employees time and attendance is acceptable and in line with work scheduling.
- The timely and fair of rosters on the Time Management System Alkimii and submitted to Operations Manager in the time frame agreed for final approval (adhering to budgets). Submitting the above to Operations by no later than Tuesday 5pm each week.
- All managers are expected to rotate shifts i.e. A fair balance of night/day shifts and ensuring a rotation when closing shift are begining scheduled.
- Ensure all employees are clocking in and out and prepare each employees weekly hours and leave on TMS for Operation Manager’s approval.
- Responsibility for the ordering of consumables & coffee orders for the bar. Training will be provided on the Procure Wizard System. Stock rotation & par levels must be completed when ordering.
- Involvement in the designing of new menus & dishes, management of the training of all bar team on all food.
- To work with the kitchen on weekly & daily specials for the bar. The effective communication and training of these new dishes to all staff & customers.
- Management of the lounge, daily operations,set up, menus & staff training on lounge service.
- Management of Terrace operations during busy seasons for outdoor dining & drinking.
- Management of cleaning rotas, daily checklists & H&S standards of the bar area.
- To ensure an appropriate and comprehensive customer feedback system is in operation and the results are reflected in service and training.To ensure that the bar is atmospheric at all times.
- To have a close working relationship with the kitchen team.
- To ensure a good working environment exists within the food and beverage function and promote good team relations ensuring fairness and consistency in dealing with all team members.
- Any other duty that management feels appropriate for you to carry out.
- Minimum 2 years experience in the similar role
- Full right to work in Ireland as no visa sponsorship available for the role