We are delighted to announce that we are looking for a Transport Manager for Our Damastown Warehouse in Dublin.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of transportation routes to meet customer KPI’s.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and laws related to transportation and logistics.
- Manage, motivate and engage the transport team to deliver a best in class service to our customers.
- Be the customer account contact for your region
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Implement manual updates in real-time due to daily deviations from the plan.
- Manage a team of drivers, delivery assistants and logistics administrators and oversee day to day transport operations.
- Manage and improve the fleet maintenance program which involves both in-house and sub-contracting service/repair resources.
- Monitor and assess KPI’s and where appropriate implement timely corrective action.
- Maintain a working environment in line with H&S and road safety legislation and ensure that employees are trained accordingly.
- Ensuring equipment breakdown and repairs are minimised and reported.
- Ensuring that company vehicles are properly maintained, cleaned and safely operated in line with company policy.
- Proven track record of management of vehicles and manpower.
- High level of computer literacy especially MS Office applications.
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and to meet targets.
- Excellent communication, customer service and people management skills.
- Strong personality and leadership skills.
Skills and Qualifications
5 years’ experience in a similar role or supervisory role with people management experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisation and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and database management
- An excellent mentor with a history of developing people
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent reporting ability
- Ability to make data driven decisions
- Health and Safety expertise
- Process Focused
- Numerically and Analytically minded
WHY JOIN US: Look us up on Glassdoor- rated 4.6/5 read our reviews.
Up to 23 days holiday per year
Fun, fast paced & high energy work environment
Culture of developing and promoting from within the company
Our Generous staff discounts
Our pension scheme
Our Bonus Scheme
Our Educational Support Scheme
Our Discounted corporate rate health care
Our free Employee Assistance Programme
Our wellbeing initiatives like our Bike to work scheme
Free Flu vaccination
Career Development Opportunities
Continuous professional development with dedicated training resources